6 hrs 30 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens. Of course you can double for larger families, or multiple days of bread. I will be making a cookbook of recipes that use this dough. For whole wheat version, substitute 1 cup whole wheat flour for 1 cup of the stirred in all-purpose flour. For cheese version, stir in 1 cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese with the stirred-in flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast or 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill (optional) or 1/2 teaspoon sage (optional) or 1/2 teaspoon basil (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 eggs or 2 egg whites
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato (oil pack)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1In a large mixing bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour, the yeast, and, if desired, herb.
- 2In a medium saucepan heat and stir milk, margarine, sugar, and salt just till warm (120 to 130 F) and margarine almost melts.
- 3Add to flour mixture. Add egg. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining flour. Divide dough into halves or quarters.
- 4To chill, cover portions and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- 5Or, to freeze, wrap the portions in plastic wrap and place in freezer bags. Seal, label, and freeze for up to 3 months. To use let dough stand at room temperature about 2 1/2 hours or till thawed. (Or, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.)
- 6To make Calzone use 1/2 of the above recipe,.
- 7In a mixing bowl stir together mozzarella or cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese, and if desired, sun-dried tomatoes. Set aside.
- 8On a lightly floured surface roll bread dough into a 10 inch circle. Transfer to a large baking sheet.
- 9Spread cheese mixture over half of the circle to within 1 inch of edge. Moisten edges of dough with water. Fold dough in half over cheese mixture. Seal edges by pressing together with fingers. Cut slits in top. Brush top with milk. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 10Bake in a 375 over for 25 to 30 minutes or till crust is golden brown. Serves 2.
Browse Our Top Number Of Servings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Number Of Servings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Calzone from OAMC Easy Mix Yeast Bread Dough for 2
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 805.5
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 110.8 mg
- Sodium 787.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 29.4 g