Prep 35 mins
Cook 22 mins
A recipe from the Sargento Cheese website that sounds delicious!
- 6 large poblano chiles or 6 large bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 lb cooked small shrimp (or chopped large shrimp)
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning or 1 tablespoon blackening seasoning, mix
- 1 3⁄4 cups sargento bistro blends cheddar & monterey jack with tomato & jalapeno blend, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Slice off about 1/4 of peppers lengthwise. Finely chop the slices; place in a large bowl. Remove and discard seeds from pepper "boats." Cook in simmering water to cover, 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well; transfer to a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
- Add rice, shrimp, salsa and seasoning mix to bowl with chopped peppers; mix well. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Spoon mixture into peppers boats, mounding if necessary.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 20 minutes or until hot. Combine cilantro and remaining cheese; sprinkle over pepper boats. Return to oven; bake 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.