Shelby Jo's Note:
A recipe from the Sargento Cheese website that sounds delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large poblano chiles or 6 large bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 lb cooked small shrimp (or chopped large shrimp)
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning or 1 tablespoon blackening seasoning, mix
- 1 3/4 cups sargento bistro blends cheddar & monterey jack with tomato & jalapeno blend, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Slice off about 1/4 of peppers lengthwise. Finely chop the slices; place in a large bowl. Remove and discard seeds from pepper "boats." Cook in simmering water to cover, 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well; transfer to a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
- 2Add rice, shrimp, salsa and seasoning mix to bowl with chopped peppers; mix well. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Spoon mixture into peppers boats, mounding if necessary.
- 3Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 20 minutes or until hot. Combine cilantro and remaining cheese; sprinkle over pepper boats. Return to oven; bake 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Cajun Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Cajun Shrimp Boats
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.9
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 115.2 mg
- Sodium 374.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cheddar & monterey jack with tomato & jalapeno blend