Top Review by Koechin (Chef)
Just one word! YUMMMMM! Great recipe. I used reduced fat cream of celery soup, because I don't like the color of cr. of mushroom. (just me). :-) I decided to make the assembly a little easier on myself, so I added the soup and cheese to the skillet that had the sauteed onions in it. Stirred until smooth and then added it to the drained cabbage. Used Seasoned Panko Breadcrumbs on top, because some misterious person had taken my Ritz crackers. The Bunco Bunch devoured it along side Ham. Thanks for posting. :-0
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 box Velveeta Mexican cheese, cut into chunks
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up the cabbage and drop into boiling water; boil for about 5 minutes, turn off heat but leave in pot, covered.
- Saute the onion in the 2 Tablespoons butter.
- Drain cabbage and add soup and Velveeta.
- Add sauted onion with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and pour into a 10x13" casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with crushed crackers and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.