Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Cut up the cabbage and drop into boiling water; boil for about 5 minutes, turn off heat but leave in pot, covered.
- Saute the onion in the 2 Tablespoons butter.
- Drain cabbage and add soup and Velveeta.
- Add sauted onion with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and pour into a 10x13" casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with crushed crackers and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Just one word! YUMMMMM! Great recipe. I used reduced fat cream of celery soup, because I don't like the color of cr. of mushroom. (just me). :-) I decided to make the assembly a little easier on myself, so I added the soup and cheese to the skillet that had the sauteed onions in it. Stirred until smooth and then added it to the drained cabbage. Used Seasoned Panko Breadcrumbs on top, because some misterious person had taken my Ritz crackers. The Bunco Bunch devoured it along side Ham. Thanks for posting. :-0
Soooooo good!! I am really starting to learn to love cabbage, and this recipe is one of the best cabbage recipes I've had I absolutely loved it! On top of being super tasty it's super easy too. Thanks so much for posting this one Debe, it will deffinitly be making more appearances on my kitchen table.
Delicious cabbage! So creamy and cheesey. This would go well with pretty much any type of meat/fish. I'll use this recipe again. Thanx!