Samir and Anita's Note:
Easy recipe that tastes great around Thanksgiving time....or year round if you don't mind frozen squash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) box Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 large butternut squash (1 family size frozen squash if fresh is not available)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (Add according to taste)
- 4 ounces breadcrumbs (seasoned or unseasoned)
- 2 -3 tablespoons jalapenos (diced)
- 1Cut fresh squash into chunks.
- 2Put squash in boiling water. Add salt and pepper to water (add accordingly). Boil for 10-12 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, add stuffing, onions, cream of mushroom, sour cream, jalepenos. In a small bowl, mix 1 bouillon cube with enough water that it dissolves well. Add bouillon mixture to the other ingredients. Finally, add the cheese by the handful. Make sure the mixture blends smoothly.
- 5Smash up the squash and drain most of the juices that are released from the squash. Add to other ingredients and mix.
- 6Pour mixture into a large pre-greased (spray with cooking spray) baking tray and spread evenly.
- 7Pour enough breadcrumbs to cover entire mixture.
- 8Put in oven for 25 minutes. All cheese should be melted.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Butternut Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 690.1
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.1 mg
- Sodium 1393.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 21.8 g