Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy recipe that tastes great around Thanksgiving time....or year round if you don't mind frozen squash.
- 1 (8 ounce) box Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 large butternut squash (1 family size frozen squash if fresh is not available)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (Add according to taste)
- 4 ounces breadcrumbs (seasoned or unseasoned)
- 2 -3 tablespoons jalapenos (diced)
- Cut fresh squash into chunks.
- Put squash in boiling water. Add salt and pepper to water (add accordingly). Boil for 10-12 minutes.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add stuffing, onions, cream of mushroom, sour cream, jalepenos. In a small bowl, mix 1 bouillon cube with enough water that it dissolves well. Add bouillon mixture to the other ingredients. Finally, add the cheese by the handful. Make sure the mixture blends smoothly.
- Smash up the squash and drain most of the juices that are released from the squash. Add to other ingredients and mix.
- Pour mixture into a large pre-greased (spray with cooking spray) baking tray and spread evenly.
- Pour enough breadcrumbs to cover entire mixture.
- Put in oven for 25 minutes. All cheese should be melted.