Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy recipe that tastes great around Thanksgiving time....or year round if you don't mind frozen squash.
- 1 (8 ounce) box Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 large butternut squash (1 family size frozen squash if fresh is not available)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (Add according to taste)
- 4 ounces breadcrumbs (seasoned or unseasoned)
- 2 -3 tablespoons jalapenos (diced)
- Cut fresh squash into chunks.
- Put squash in boiling water. Add salt and pepper to water (add accordingly). Boil for 10-12 minutes.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add stuffing, onions, cream of mushroom, sour cream, jalepenos. In a small bowl, mix 1 bouillon cube with enough water that it dissolves well. Add bouillon mixture to the other ingredients. Finally, add the cheese by the handful. Make sure the mixture blends smoothly.
- Smash up the squash and drain most of the juices that are released from the squash. Add to other ingredients and mix.
- Pour mixture into a large pre-greased (spray with cooking spray) baking tray and spread evenly.
- Pour enough breadcrumbs to cover entire mixture.
- Put in oven for 25 minutes. All cheese should be melted.
This has to be the best squash casserole ever!! My whole family absolutely loved it. Made as recipe stated and will definitely be making this again. Just what we were looking for. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe. Yum-yum-yum