Recipe by truebrit
These biscuits are easy, quick and tasty! No rolling or cutting is necessary, making them no-fuss!
Top Review by Nevdiliel
These were pretty good... they went well with (okay, in) the Imagine Garden Tomato soup (comes in a box... the best tomato soup out there, IMO). They were perfect for that, though not as good as my normal recipe on their own. Still, these were very good and like I said, went really nicely in my tomato soup. ;) Probably healthier than grilled cheese, anyway!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350, and mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in cheese.
- Add buttermilk, and blend until dry ingredients are moistened; DON'T OVERMIX!
- Divide dough between 12 greased muffin tins, and bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.