Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These biscuits are easy, quick and tasty! No rolling or cutting is necessary, making them no-fuss!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350, and mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in cheese.
- Add buttermilk, and blend until dry ingredients are moistened; DON'T OVERMIX!
- Divide dough between 12 greased muffin tins, and bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
These were pretty good... they went well with (okay, in) the Imagine Garden Tomato soup (comes in a box... the best tomato soup out there, IMO). They were perfect for that, though not as good as my normal recipe on their own. Still, these were very good and like I said, went really nicely in my tomato soup. ;) Probably healthier than grilled cheese, anyway!
These are great! Super easy to prepare. They are very flavorful and hearty. I used a mini-muffin tin to bake them, and probably should have removed them a couple minutes sooner, but even with that they weren't too dry. I served them with baked salmon and they were a hit!
Fantastic recipe! I'm lazy when it comes to making biscuits (not to mention I suck). These are quick, easy, and yummy. I've made them both with and without the cheese!