1 hr 15 mins
This is wonderful made with fresh corn off the cob too, also chopped green or red bell pepper may be added into the ingredients instead of placing on top, and about 1/4 teaspoon (or more) cayenne pepper is also good to add in. This is so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can canned corn niblets, drained (can use 2 cans if desired)
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups crushed saltine crackers (Ritz crackers will do also)
- 1/3 cup pimentos, chopped (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 small green bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter an 11 x 7-inch or a 9 x 9-inch baking dish (or any size casserole dish large enough to hold the mixture).
- 3In a large bowl, combine corn niblets, milk, buttermilk, eggs, Parmesan cheese, cracker crumbs, pimento, melted butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder (if using) and 1-1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese; mix well to combine.
- 4Transfer to prepared baking dish, sprinkle with green bell pepper strips over top and cover with foil.
- 5Bake for about 40-45 minutes, remove from oven, and uncover.
- 6Top with about 1-1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese, and return to oven (uncovered) to bake for another 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Buttermilk Corn Bake
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 853.3
- Calories from Fat 490
- Total Fat 54.4 g
- Saturated Fat 31.5 g
- Cholesterol 251.0 mg
- Sodium 1625.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 35.2 g