Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I have been trying for a really heavy, rich buttermilk biscuit recipe for years and adapted this to suit my taste. I added the cheese and garlic to go for that Red Lobster taste. My husband loves these as well and they are great for dunking in corn chowder also. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Combine the baking mix, melted butter, buttermilk, sugar, salt and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Add the cheese and work in gently.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead about 30 seconds or until dough becomes elastic.
- Roll out to 3/4" thick and punch out with a 3" biscuit cutter.
- Use an ungreased sheet and bake for 8 minutes or until tops just begin to turn golden.
- Remove to a wire rack and brush tops with additional melted butter if desired.
- Serve warm.