Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Picked this recipe up from a co-worker many years ago. She brought it to one of the office carry-ins & it was a big hit. Everyone asked for the recipe! My family loved it just as much & I'm often asked to prepare them to bring to family gatherings. Easy & delicious. Don't let the cream of mushroom soup put anyone off. Unless you know its there, you won't know its there. :)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 10 1⁄2 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup (do not dilute)
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies (I use rotel brand)
- 1 lb mexican cheese, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- brown ground beef & drain excess fat.
- mix taco seasoning into meat according to package directions.
- in a separate pan, combine & warm soup, sour cream, & rotels.
- Stir 2/3 of soup mixture into meat (consistency should be creamy without being runny).
- fill tortilla's with beef mixture & roll enchilada style (both ends closed).
- pour remaining soup mixture over enchiladas.
- spread shredded cheese over all.
- bake 20 minute to warm enchiladas thru & to melt cheese.