Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
These hearty burgers have sauteed mushrooms, fresh basil and mozzarella cheese mixed right into the meat. Recipe is from Kraft.
- 4 small plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, italian with parmesan dressing divided
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 italian-style hard rolls, split
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Toss tomatoes with basil and 2 T of the dressing; set aside.
- Heat remaining dressing in skillet on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the tomato mixture and cheese, cool slightly.
- Mix meat and mushroom mixture.
- Shape evenly into 4 patties.
- Grill patties 7-9 minutes on each side or until cooked through (160 degrees F).
- Cover bottom halves of rolls with burgers.
- Top with remaining tomato mixture and top halves of rolls.
I had a large group over for mother's day so I made this for the kid's, I hid the veggies by processing them. The kid's loved them. Being kid they of course insisted on adding ketchup. I tried a peice of one that one of the younger kids who could only eat a bit, and they were great.