Recipe by SusieQ207
A creamy soup with some "kick". It's from the Noble Pig Vineyard & Winery collection of recipes...and it is DELICIOUS!!
- 1 head cauliflower or 2 1⁄2-3 lbs cauliflower, core removed & cut into florets
- 2 russet potatoes or 1 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- kosher salt (to taste)
- ground pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup red hot buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a large rimmed baking tray with foil and spray with cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss cauliflower & potatoes with the 2 Tablespoons olive oil, salt & pepper. roast in the over for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large Dutch oven over medium heat, saute shallot in remaining 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil until soft about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic & thyme, cooking until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour in chicken stock, roasted cauliflower and potatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Puree in blender in batches. Add puree back to the pot and warm the soup to a slight simmer. Add cream, cheese and buffalo sauce. Stir until cheese is melted and soup is warmed through.
- Drizzle a little Frank's on top for an extra kick -- ENJOY!