Recipe by givememoregarlic
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. My boyfriend loves buffalo wings, personally, they are a little messy for me so I decided to take classic Chicken Tortilla soup and make it buffalo chicken soup. It is a crowd favorite around my house now!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons dried chives
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- green onion
- 1 avocado
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook your chicken, or use a rotisserie chicken and shred it.
- In a sauce pan, saute your shallots and garlic in the olive oil for about 5 minutes. Then in your large pot add in stock, ranch mix, chives, buffalo sauce (I use Franks), shallots and garlic, and chicken. Bring to a simmer and then grate in the cheese stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, then reduce and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Serve soup and top with avocado, cilantro, and green onions.
- It is hearty enough that you can make a big bowl full for dinner or you can make a smaller bowl and serve it with grilled cheese . I love this soup. Really easy and yummy! Enjoy.