Recipe by Hollyism
Although there were several Buffalo Chicken Dip recipes on 'Zaar, there wasn't one exactly like mine... so I figured I'd add one more! Really great dip to bring to a party... always a crowd pleaser.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle hot sauce (Franks, Footy's, etc.)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle blue cheese or 1 (16 ounce) bottle ranch dressing
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or more if you really love cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts in boiling water on the stove for 30-35 minutes. Then take them and shred them. (Here's a great trick for shredding chicken while it's hot if you have a heavy duty mixer such as a Kitchenaid - place the hot chicken breasts in the mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium low until all of the chicken is nicely shredded. Voila!).
- Place the shredded chicken in a large baking dish. Then pour the entire bottle of hot sauce on top of the chicken.
- In a separate saucepan place both packages of cream cheese and blue cheese/ranch dressing on medium heat and mix until smooth consistency. (I prefer blue cheese!).
- Once it has become a sauce, pour it on top of the chicken, spreading it evenly. Then spread the shredded cheese on top of the chicken.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips and celery.