1 hr 10 mins
Melanie B.'s Note:
I don't know why I love brussels sprouts, but I do. I always challenge myself to find new ways to cook it. And I planted brussels sprouts seeds in my mini garden for the first time...I can't wait to see if they actually grow!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 slices turkey bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs small Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and halved
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 12 ounces pasta, I like to use a rigatoni or 12 ounces a cavatappi pasta
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- 1/3 cup romano cheese, fresh grated
- 1/3 cup sage, fresh and roughly chopped
- 1Season the bacon liberally with black pepper. I love Turkey Bacon but it needs the extra kick of pepper.
- 2Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon, and cook until crisp (about 6-8 minutes). Watch the bacon and turn frequently. I find that Turkey bacon burns much easier than regular as it has less fat.
- 3Once the bacon is finished cooking, remove bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Add enough olive oil to the skillet to total about 2 Tablespoons. Add garlic, shallots, and sprouts. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the sprouts begin to brown. Add the stock. Season again with salt and pepper. Cook about 10-12 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- 5In the meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt, and cook the pasta according to the manufacturer's directions. Be careful not to over cook.
- 6Drain but reserve about 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Return pasta to the pot. Stir in brussels sprouts mixture, cooking liquid, cheese, sage, and bacon. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Stir until well combined.
- 7Serve along side your favorite main dish or as a main dish on its own.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Brussels Sprouts and Turkey Bacon Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.4
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 950.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 33.1 g