Recipe by Terri F.
From a BH&G casserole cookbook, these are delicious! Bake right away or chill up to 24 hours.
Top Review by Tebo
This was really good but I felt it lacked something. I think it needed more filling and, perhaps, more spices. I really like the do ahead part and it was well received by my guests. I'll play with the recipe and seed what I come up with. Thanks Terri.
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 7-inch flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 -4 drops bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (, for topping)
- salsa (optional)
- avocado, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, cook mushrooms, green onions, and chopped peppers in butter until tender, and drain.
- Divide mixture evenly among 8 tortillas, spooning mixture into center.
- Divide the 1 1/2 cups cheese evenly among tortillas.
- Roll up tortillas, and place seam down in a 2 quart greased baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, flour, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour mixture over tortillas in dish.
- At this point the dish can be covered and chilled for 2 to 24 hours before baking.
- To bake immediately:Bake in a 350 F.
- oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle the 1/2 cup cheese over the top and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- To bake after chilling: Increase baking time to 45 to 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Serve with salsa and/or avocado if you like.