Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've been collecting recipes since I can remember, and my favorites have always been from magazines with colorful pictures that often fill the entire page. This Bisquick recipe dates back to 1985--a treat for those of us who adore pizza for breakfast.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup very hot water
- 7 slices American cheese
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (with tops)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, mix Bisquick and water; beat 20 strokes. Turn onto surface well-dusted with Bisquick; gently roll to coat. Knead until smooth and no longer sticky, about 60 times. Roll into a 12 inch circle ; place on greased cookie sheet or in 12 inch pizza pan. Pinch edge to form 1/2 inch rim. Place American cheese slices on crust; top with bacon, mushrooms, and onions. Pour eggs over top; sprinkle with pepper and cheddar cheese. Bake until center is set and edge is golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.