- 12 grape tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (or personal choice)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse tomatoes; slice a thin portion from each end [for standing stability]. Then, slice each tomato in half.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place tomato halves on foiled cookie sheet or broiler pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix bread crumbs, cheese, and butter until well blended.
- Spoon crumb mixture evenly over tomatoes and sprinkle with paprika.
- Broil 3-5 inches from heat for 2-5 minutes, until cheese is melted.