Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw this in a magazine and thought it looked so good. I tried it tonight and we loved it. It doesn't make a 'thick' cheese sauce, so expect it to be on the thin side, but the flavor is really great.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese or 4 ounces Cheese Whiz
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Wash and cut the broccoli into bite size pieces. Place in a steamer pan over medium heat.
- Steam broccoli until tender. but still firm enough to be tossed with the cheese. Transfer steamed broccoli to a saucepan with a lid.
- Cut the Velveeta cheese into slices or small cubes and place in the pot. Sprinkle with the dry mustard and place the lid on.
- Let the heat of the freshly steamed broccoli melt the cheese for a few minutes.
- Open the lid and toss the broccoli gently with the melted cheese and dry mustard.
- Place in a serving dish and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Serve.
Nice easy vegetable side dish. Be careful with the cheese because it's easy to go overboard. Don't throw in an extra couple of cubes like I did.
So easy to make and yummy too! Thank you Pam!
What an easy tasty vegetable dish. Thanks Pam-I-Am Bullwinnkle