Recipe by Pam-I-Am
I saw this in a magazine and thought it looked so good. I tried it tonight and we loved it. It doesn't make a 'thick' cheese sauce, so expect it to be on the thin side, but the flavor is really great.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese or 4 ounces Cheese Whiz
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and cut the broccoli into bite size pieces. Place in a steamer pan over medium heat.
- Steam broccoli until tender. but still firm enough to be tossed with the cheese. Transfer steamed broccoli to a saucepan with a lid.
- Cut the Velveeta cheese into slices or small cubes and place in the pot. Sprinkle with the dry mustard and place the lid on.
- Let the heat of the freshly steamed broccoli melt the cheese for a few minutes.
- Open the lid and toss the broccoli gently with the melted cheese and dry mustard.
- Place in a serving dish and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Serve.