Recipe by Kozmic Blues
This is really quick and SIMPLE "make ahead" dish for a holiday meal. The stuffing gives it a nice crunch on the top. Even though we used the "less fat" directions to make this dish, I think it was still full of great flavor. I also chose to use a "roasted garlic" flavor of stuffing mix, since that was the only one that did not contain chicken or turkey flavorings.
Top Review by lailamommy
this was delicious! made it for my boyfriend as a request of something with "broccoli and cheese" and he loved it said it was great sleep food. the only thing i changed was i shredded a block of sharp cheddar instead of velveeta and doubled amount of cheese. also used fresh broccoli and steamed it 5 min before mixed together. will def make for turkey day
- 1 (6 ounce) package herb stuffing mix (I used roasted garlic flavor)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese (low fat versions) or 1 cup Cheez Whiz (low fat versions)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, using 3 Tbsp of butter instead of 4.
- Heat cream of mushroom soup and Velveeta (or Cheez Whiz) over a low heat, and stir until well combined.
- Mix heated soup and cheese with the broccoli in a 2 qt baking dish.
- Top with stuffing.
- Bake for 30 minutes until heated through and top begins to brown.