Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is really quick and SIMPLE "make ahead" dish for a holiday meal. The stuffing gives it a nice crunch on the top. Even though we used the "less fat" directions to make this dish, I think it was still full of great flavor. I also chose to use a "roasted garlic" flavor of stuffing mix, since that was the only one that did not contain chicken or turkey flavorings.
- 1 (6 ounce) package herb stuffing mix (I used roasted garlic flavor)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese (low fat versions) or 1 cup Cheez Whiz (low fat versions)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, using 3 Tbsp of butter instead of 4.
- Heat cream of mushroom soup and Velveeta (or Cheez Whiz) over a low heat, and stir until well combined.
- Mix heated soup and cheese with the broccoli in a 2 qt baking dish.
- Top with stuffing.
- Bake for 30 minutes until heated through and top begins to brown.
this was delicious! made it for my boyfriend as a request of something with "broccoli and cheese" and he loved it said it was great sleep food. the only thing i changed was i shredded a block of sharp cheddar instead of velveeta and doubled amount of cheese. also used fresh broccoli and steamed it 5 min before mixed together. will def make for turkey day
I wasn't that thrilled with this recipe. Maybe I just don't like Velveeta Cheese? Not sure, but I probably won't make it again. I'm going to search for a recipe that uses a different cheese!! I suggest using shreaded cheddar in place of the Velveeta...
This was a fun recipe to make. I used fresh broccoli. I steamed it for about 3 or 4 minutes then added it to the soup mixture. For the soup mixture, I added 1 Tbsp. of cream cheese, swiss, and sharp cheddar to the Amy's Organic Cream of Mushroom Soup that I used as it was heating. I also doubled the stuffing and baked it in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. This casserole did not last! Everyone gobbled it right up!!!