Recipe by QueenQT26
This is another vegan soup from Compassion Over Cruelty. Not necessarily low in fat, but definitely still good for you and high in protein.
- 2 cups cashew pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup pimiento
- 7 cups water
- 8 cups chopped broccoli
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, add the first seven ingredients (cashew pieces through pimentos) and half of the water.
- Blend on high until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and add the rest of water and the chopped broccoli.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickened and broccoli is tender.