1/1 Photo of Cheesy Broccoli Soup
This delicious thick cheesy soup is delicious and freezes well. The potatoes help thicken it with out flour but don't add a real potato flavor. I make a big batch then freeze small containers to reheat quickly in the microwave when the craving for it hits me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut broccoli heads into florets. Peel and chop any stalk that is remaining.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large pot over low heat. Add onions and broccoli. Cover and cook about 10-15 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- 3Remove about 1 cup of florets and save in a bowl. Add potatoes to soup pot.
- 4Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 5Use a stick blender to puree in the pot or remove batches to a blender and carefully puree the hot soup.
- 6Add milk to soup in pot. Stir and heat through. Stir in cheese and broccoli florets that had been set aside. Heat until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.1
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 997.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 19.6 g