Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe makes a delicious, filling side dish to any main course.
Make and share this Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil water, adding bouillon cubes.
- Add rice and cook covered on low heat.
- While rice is cooking, cook broccoli according to directions on package.
- Once rice is ready, remove from heat and stir in broccoli.
- Add mayo, mix well.
- Place half broccoli mixture in a large glass pan.
- Cover mixture with half of cheese.
- Layer remaining broccoli mixture in pan, followed by remaining cheese.
- Cook at 350 degrees approx 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Very good and amazingly easy. I would NOT recommend adding additional salt and pepper, the bouillon cubes made it plenty salty for me.
Great recipe! I added about 3tbs of mayo. Will make again, this is the broccoli cheesy rice recipe I've been looking for - and no canned soups! Thanks *Use 9x13 pyrex
Very good, just had to add salt and pepper, otherwise would have been very bland. Add about 1-2 tsp of salt!