Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my favorite
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 -3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- Saute vegetables in butter until clear.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions and drain well.
- Add soup and cheese to broccoli.
- Stir in sauted celery and onions.
- Stir in rice and seasonings.
- Put into greased casserole dish, top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
Easy and good! I used reduced fat cream of chicken to try to make it healthier;) Don't cook it too long or it will dry out! Made for PAC 2012.
Tasted good. I made 2 cups of rice, so I added a can of broccoli cheese soup. It turned out very creamy and tasty. I served it with Baked Pollock http://www.food.com/recipe/baked-pollock-106395. Definitely need the Tabasco or something similar. We liked it there.
Yummy! I tweaked the recipe a bit for our tastes...I used only half an onion and omitted the celery. Also, I only used about 2 tablespoons of butter. Very easy to make with things I normally have on hand, and tasty! Thank you!