Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you are looking for an easy-to-put-together great-tasting rice dish...well, here's one, and boy is it good!...When you try this one, it will become a favorite I am sure. (Note: Fresh broccoli is recommended in this recipe, as the frozen tends to become very mushy after baking with the rice)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (light is okay, do not use fat-free)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice (Minute rice is good)
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- In a large bowl combine soups, milk and sour cream.
- Stir in cheeses, rice, broccoli, onion, 3/4 tsp of paprika and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining paprika.
- Cover and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover, bake 5-10 minutes longer, or until the rice and broccoli are tender.
This is yummy! Very cheesy! Next time I will cut down on cheese 1/2 c Mozzarella & 1/2 c Cheddar would be fine. Fresh broccoli a must!! Will be making this again, very easy to make ahead and keep cold until ready to pop in oven. Thanks Kittencal