Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are looking for an easy-to-put-together great-tasting rice dish...well, here's one, and boy is it good!...When you try this one, it will become a favorite I am sure. (Note: Fresh broccoli is recommended in this recipe, as the frozen tends to become very mushy after baking with the rice)
Top Review by Deb Petrill
This is yummy! Very cheesy! Next time I will cut down on cheese 1/2 c Mozzarella & 1/2 c Cheddar would be fine. Fresh broccoli a must!! Will be making this again, very easy to make ahead and keep cold until ready to pop in oven. Thanks Kittencal
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (light is okay, do not use fat-free)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice (Minute rice is good)
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- In a large bowl combine soups, milk and sour cream.
- Stir in cheeses, rice, broccoli, onion, 3/4 tsp of paprika and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining paprika.
- Cover and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover, bake 5-10 minutes longer, or until the rice and broccoli are tender.