Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An Easy Family Favorite
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 12 ounces frozen broccoli
- In a large sauce pan or soup kettle, saute onion in butter.
- Add potatoes, broccoli, and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes and broccoli are tender.
- Stir in the milk, soup, garlic salt, and pepper. Heat through.
- Add cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
As Tabicatster stated, this is very easy to make. It is not a heavy soup which is nice. I may try to thicken it the next time I make it. Thank you for posting. A adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game