Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from "Southern Living" magazine, January 2006. This is sure to warm you up on those chilly evenings!
- 59.16 ml butter
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml flour
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 946.36 ml milk
- 453.59 g frozen chopped broccoli
- 473.18 ml potatoes, peeled, diced
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add flour; stir until well blended.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth.
- Heat until slightly thickened.
- Add milk, broccoli, and potatoes.
- Cook on low heat about 15 minutes or until potatoes and broccoli are tender.
- Stir in cheese and seasonings.
Delicious soup. Great texture; not too thin and not too thick. I used 1 lb of fresh (instead of frozen)broccoli and chopped it. Enjoyed by all! I'll make this again. Thanx for a great soup.
Great Recipe. I substituted jalapeno pepper jack cheese to give it some spice. My whole family LOVED IT!! Definitely a keeper!
Delicious! I used fresh broccoli as well. The only other change I made was to add Chipotle Jack cheese instead of cheddar for a bit of a spicy kick. My husband loved it. So did I. The flavors and saltiness were just right. I did bring the soup to a light boil after adding the milk, while stirring frequently, just to make sure it thickened and was smooth. I'll be making this again for sure!