Recipe by ShortyBond
I got this from a Superbowl recipe card. It's a recipe from Brett Favre of the Green Bay Packers.
Top Review by swrig03
I have made this soup a few times with some alterations. My whole family loves it! I use all-purpose gluten free flour with no problems. I cook the broccoli separately, then chop it up a bit smaller and add it at the end when I put in the cheese. I also like to add 1-2 cups chopped carrots to cook along with the potatoes. I lessen the milk to 3 cups to get a thicker soup. I increase the salt to 2-3 tsp, and increase the pepper to at least 1 tsp. Very tasty soup!
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups milk
- 16 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cups peeled diced potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add flour; stir until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Heat until slightly thickened.
- Add milk, broccoli and potatoes.
- Cook on low heat about 15 minutes or until broccoli and potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cheese and seasonings.