I got this from a Superbowl recipe card. It's a recipe from Brett Favre of the Green Bay Packers.
Make and share this Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups milk
- 16 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cups peeled diced potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add flour; stir until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Heat until slightly thickened.
- Add milk, broccoli and potatoes.
- Cook on low heat about 15 minutes or until broccoli and potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cheese and seasonings.