Prep 3 mins
Cook 30 mins
What I love about this recipe is that it is cheap, filling, and oh so easy! You can substitute any kind of cheese or spices in the sauce to complement a different meat. I came up with this one night when I was tired of using spaghetti sauce on everything. You can substitute whole wheat flour in this recipe as well as whole wheat noodles and fat free milk, that's what I cook with.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried and crushed dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried and crushed tarragon
- 1 dash dried and crushed bay leaf
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) bag broccoli florets
- 4 cups rotini noodles
- Brown and drain beef.
- Boil noodles until halfway cooked, add broccoli. Drain when noodles are done.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter on medium heat.
- Add flour and spices.
- Add milk, stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add cheese, stir until melted.
- Toss everything together and serve!