1/1 Photo of Cheesy Broccoli Noodle Soup
Denise in NH's Note:
Very good on a cold evening. Serve with garlic bread or crusty rolls. If there are any leftovers, you may want to add extra chicken broth as the noodles will thicken the liquid.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth or 6 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 8 ounces fine egg noodles
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 cups milk (I use lowfat milk)
- 16 ounces American cheese
- 1Heat olive oil in large saucepan.
- 2Add onion and saute over medium heat till onions are golden.
- 3Add chicken (or vegetable for vegetarians) broth and bring to a boil.
- 4Add salt and noodles.
- 5Cook uncovered for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Stir in broccoli and garlic powder and cook for another 4 minutes.
- 7Add milk, cheese and pepper stirring constantly until the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Broccoli Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.8
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.5 mg
- Sodium 1314.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 20.1 g