1/2 Photos of Cheesy Broccoli Macaroni With Bacon
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I found the original recipe on Allrecipes.com, it was submitted to them by Dorothy Pritchett. The recipe called for elbow pasta,but I used rotini,since that was what was on hand. I did however make a few changes to the recipe. The amounts of salt and pepper are to taste.The original recipe just called for cooking it on the stovetop. But after adding some more stuff, I decided it should be baked to give the top a golden color.Submitted to "ZAAR" on February 27th, 2009
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2When pasta is almost done, add broccoli.
- 3Cook until broccoli is just heated through.
- 4Drain, and return to pan.
- 5Over low to medium heat add cubed cheese,4 pieces of crumbled bacon,milk,salt and pepper.( you might need to add a bit more milk so it won't be to thick ).
- 6Stir until cheese is melted.
- 7Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- 8Sprinkle top with shredded cheese, crumble remaining bacon and sprinkle over cheese.
- 9Bake for 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Broccoli Macaroni With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.9
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 72.4 mg
- Sodium 1565.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 24.4 g