Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found the original recipe on Allrecipes.com, it was submitted to them by Dorothy Pritchett. The recipe called for elbow pasta,but I used rotini,since that was what was on hand. I did however make a few changes to the recipe. The amounts of salt and pepper are to taste.The original recipe just called for cooking it on the stovetop. But after adding some more stuff, I decided it should be baked to give the top a golden color.Submitted to "ZAAR" on February 27th, 2009
- 6 slices bacon, cooked slightly crisp, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 8 ounces processed cheese food, cubed (like Velveeta)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions.
- When pasta is almost done, add broccoli.
- Cook until broccoli is just heated through.
- Drain, and return to pan.
- Over low to medium heat add cubed cheese,4 pieces of crumbled bacon,milk,salt and pepper.( you might need to add a bit more milk so it won't be to thick ).
- Stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle top with shredded cheese, crumble remaining bacon and sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned.