Recipe by M&Mers
An easy recipe with a good flavor combination...a nice change from standard spagetti with tomato sauce. Although the bacon really adds to the overall flavor of the dish, it can be omitted for a vegetarian meal.
- 250 g linguine
- 1⁄2 lb fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms
- 2 (250 g) packagesgreen giant frozen cut broccoli in cheese sauce
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp,then crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut broccoli up into bite-sized pieces.
- Microwave on HI for 3 minutes.
- Keep warm.
- In 2 tbsp of the butter, saute mushrooms.
- Set aside.
- Cook pasta in large pot of rapidly boiling water for 8-10 minutes until tender but still firm.
- Cook broccoli in cheese sauce as directed on package.
- In large saucepan, combine cooked pasta, bacon and remaining 2 tbsp butter.
- With wooden spoon, cook over medium heat until butter melts.
- Remove from heat; stir in broccoli in cheese sauce, cooked broccoli and mushrooms.
- In small bowl, combine milk and eggs.
- Stir into pasta mixture.
- Return to low heat and stir gently until sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with Parmesan Cheese.