Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
An oldie that was popular with my crowd back in the 80's.
Top Review by sarabeth123
Wonderful broccoli-cheese dip. I took Sunflower's advice and after cooking the broccoli and sauteeing the mushrooms, celery, and onion, I put all the ingredients in a crockpot and cooked on High until the cheese melted. Then I switched to LOW and let folks serve themselves. I used chips and bread chunks as dippers. Had a wonderful garlic-cheese flavor. Thank you Nurse Di.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 6 ounces garlic cheese rolls, cut into cubes
- 1 dash hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well, and set aside.
- Saute mushrooms, celery, and onion in butter in a large skillet until tender.
- Add broccoli and remaining ingredients; cook over low heat, stirring until cheese melts.
- Serve warm with corn chips.