Prep 3 mins
Cook 8 mins
I threw this together tonight to liven up our veggie side dish, and it turned out great! The measurements are approximate, since I just kind of threw it together without measuring, so feel free to experiment. I like it nice and cheesy, but please also feel free to adjust the cheese factor to your preference. This offers a nice twist on plain-ol broccoli for dinner! :-)
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets (cooked, in microwave, until tender)
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or more)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon bacon bits
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- spices, your choice, to taste (I used Herbes De Provence, my favorite)
- After cooking broccoli florets in microwave, drain water from dish.
- Add all other ingredients, and toss well.
- Cook for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 minutes in microwave, until cheese has melted.
- Stir well before serving.
This was good and easy to make. I used organic broccoli and only about 2 cups of cheese. I didn't add the almonds but added more bacon bits then called for. Just added salt and pepper for seasoning. Nice, easy side dish that my whole family enjoyed.