Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
very yummy on a cold winter day
Make and share this Cheesy Broccoli Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan, add onion, celery & carrot,cook until softened, about 3 min.
- Add flour & mustard, cook stirring for a minute or two.
- 'Stir in broth & broccoli, bring to a boil.
- Simmer covered, stirring occasionally until broccoli & veggies are tender, about 10 min.
- Place broccoli mixture in a blender & process until smooth.
- Return to pan & stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add cheese, stir just until melted.
Delicious! I used my immersion blender on this and the texture turned out wonderfully. Pretty quick too. Served with turkey sandwiches.
Yummy! I made this as written and used my immersion blender to puree it. It was very easy to make. Mine was a nice, thick, but not too thick texture. This may be because I didn't measure my broccoli or cheese, so I'm sure I used more of each than the recipe stated. I added a little bit of salt to taste. Thanx for a great soup!
This is very good, I just wish it were a bit thicker. I followed the instructions to a T and mine came out a bit runny for a chowder. Nonetheless, it tasted great and is a nice alternative to going out to a restaurant for broccoli cheese soup.