This is a nice "chunky" veggie soup instead of pureed. Adjusted from a TOH Holiday magazine recipe submitted by J. Russell
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, celery, onion, and water (or veggie) stock.
- 2Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cover to simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 3While vegetables are simmering, in a small saucepan, melt butter.
- 4Stir the flour into the butter until smooth.
- 5Gradually stir in milk to the flour mixture and bring this to a boil then cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 6Reduce heat to the milk mixture and add the cheese then cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- 7Drain vegetables and place back into their saucepan.
- 8Add cheese sauce to the vegetables and heat through.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Broccoli & Cauliflower Soup
Serving Size: 1 (556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.9
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.9 g
- Saturated Fat 26.2 g
- Cholesterol 115.4 mg
- Sodium 1289.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 30.9 g