Joe Williams's Note:
The casserole that would make you go home and slap your mother.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Most of this dish can be prepared before hand in the microwave and refrigerated prior to cooking.
- 2Cook broccoli in microwave following directions for microwave cooking; drain well.
- 3Cook minute rice according to directions and fluff well.
- 4Cube Velveeta cheese into 2" by 2" pieces.
- 5Add broccoli, cream of chicken soup, rice, cheese, butter, salt and pepper to taste, in a 2-quart micro wave dish.
- 6Microwave on half power until cheese is melted, usually about 5 minutes.
- 7Stir half way through.
- 8Remove from microwave and stir till thoroughly mixed.
- 9If refrigerating, preheat oven to 350°F and warm mixture throughly, usually about 20 minutes.
- 10Remove and add Durkee onions to top of casserole.
- 11Return to oven and cook till onions brown.
- 12Watch closely as they will brown quickly.
- 13If not refrigerating, add Durkee onions to top and place in 350°F oven.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.2
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.0 mg
- Sodium 1249.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: