Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The casserole that would make you go home and slap your mother.
Make and share this Cheesy Broccoli Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Most of this dish can be prepared before hand in the microwave and refrigerated prior to cooking.
- Cook broccoli in microwave following directions for microwave cooking; drain well.
- Cook minute rice according to directions and fluff well.
- Cube Velveeta cheese into 2" by 2" pieces.
- Add broccoli, cream of chicken soup, rice, cheese, butter, salt and pepper to taste, in a 2-quart micro wave dish.
- Microwave on half power until cheese is melted, usually about 5 minutes.
- Stir half way through.
- Remove from microwave and stir till thoroughly mixed.
- If refrigerating, preheat oven to 350°F and warm mixture throughly, usually about 20 minutes.
- Remove and add Durkee onions to top of casserole.
- Return to oven and cook till onions brown.
- Watch closely as they will brown quickly.
- If not refrigerating, add Durkee onions to top and place in 350°F oven.