Recipe by chef debo
This recipe came from a Paula Deen cookbook.I made a few adjustments.It is delicious. I made it on Thanksgiving to take to my Mom's house.Everyone loved it!
Top Review by nranz
This was really good. My entire family enjoyed it to the point where i had to make it again 3 days later by request. I did make a few changes to accomodate our eating a low fat diet. I used a combonation of brocolli and cauliflower steamed. Omitted the butter and used butter flavored PAM to saute the onions and celery. Used reduced fat Velvetta a cut it from 8 oz to 6 oz. Also used 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup and topped the casserole with 4Tbs of crused cornflakes sprayed with butter spray instead of the cheddar cheese.
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam broccoli for 10 minutes.
- Cook celery and onion in butter over medium low heat for 10 minutes.
- Combine broccoli and celery and onion mixture.
- Heat soup and Velveeta in saucepan over low heat until cheese melts.
- Pour over broccoli mixture.
- Stir in garlic salt and pepper.
- Place in greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with grated cheese and bake another 5 minutes.