Recipe by Denise!
This is one of those super easy baked chicken and rice dishes that taste like you spent a lot of time on it, but actually utilizes pre-packaged rice. A real time-save for busy days when you want a nice dinner but don't have a lot of time - it's very cheesy and delicious.
Top Review by Malriah
This was really yummy. I followed the directions exactly except I added a bit of olive oil to the butter that I cooked the chicken in. The only problem? The directions don't say when to add the wine mixture. I basically just tumped it over the cheese and baked. Seemed logical to me but what do I know? lol Other than that, it was a piece of cake to toss together and it was also very filling! YUM!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 packages broccoli and cheese flavored rice mix
- 1⁄2 cup Chardonnay wine or 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions.
- I use Lipton's brand.
- While rice is cooking, pan-saute chicken breasts in the butter until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and add the chardonnay to the skillet.
- Stir and whisk up the bits from the bottom of the pan for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the rice mix into a large casserole dish and place the chicken breasts on top of the rice. Pour the wine mixture from the skillet over the chicken breasts.
- Top with the shredded cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.