1/3 Photos of Cheesy Broccoli Bacon Chicken Casserole
Literary Mom's Note:
I created this dish to use the broccoli I had bought for the first time in my life (used to hate the stuff!) and to fit my parents' low carb diet. The fastest way to pre-cook the broccoli, chicken and bacon is by using a combination of the microwave and stovetop. I cooked the bacon and chicken in the microwave--separately--and I steamed the broccoli--but you could also nuke the broccoli and saute the other two).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head broccoli, chopped, cooked
- 4 chicken breasts, diced, cooked
- 7 slices bacon, chopped, cooked
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon bacon grease, reserved (optional)
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat chicken stock until boiling.
- 2Reduce heat to low and stir in sour cream and milk.
- 3When dissolved, stir in monterey jack.
- 4When dissolved, stir in cream cheese.
- 5Add garlic powder, ground pepper, and bacon grease (optional).
- 6Whisk until smooth.
- 7Remove sauce from stove and pour into the bottom of a rectangular glass casserole dish.
- 8Layer chicken, bacon and broccoli over the sauce.
- 9Sprinkle cheddar/jack and parmesan over the top.
- 10Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Broccoli Bacon Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.0
- Calories from Fat 456
- Total Fat 50.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.1 g
- Cholesterol 190.8 mg
- Sodium 735.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 53.0 g