Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I created this dish to use the broccoli I had bought for the first time in my life (used to hate the stuff!) and to fit my parents' low carb diet. The fastest way to pre-cook the broccoli, chicken and bacon is by using a combination of the microwave and stovetop. I cooked the bacon and chicken in the microwave--separately--and I steamed the broccoli--but you could also nuke the broccoli and saute the other two).
- 1 head broccoli, chopped, cooked
- 4 chicken breasts, diced, cooked
- 7 slices bacon, chopped, cooked
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bacon grease, reserved (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, heat chicken stock until boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in sour cream and milk.
- When dissolved, stir in monterey jack.
- When dissolved, stir in cream cheese.
- Add garlic powder, ground pepper, and bacon grease (optional).
- Whisk until smooth.
- Remove sauce from stove and pour into the bottom of a rectangular glass casserole dish.
- Layer chicken, bacon and broccoli over the sauce.
- Sprinkle cheddar/jack and parmesan over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
To quote my seven year old, WOWWY WOW WOW! This was delicious! I do OAMC so I had some cooked chicken in my freezer along with some frozen broccoli. I used turkey bacon and an Italian blend cheese since it was all I had. We served it over brown rice and it was wonderful! Definitely a keeper! I am making another batch tomorrow to freeze!
This was just fantastic! A delicious meal, and I am low carbing so it was a real treat. I made rice to go along with it for the rest of my family, I just had it as it was and WOW!! SUPERB!! I grilled the chicken on the barbeque, yummy! Thanks for posting a keeper! Sept 11/06: I am back to say we still just love this dish and have it quite often, it has become a regular in our household!
Very very tasty!!! I used garlic cream cheese as that's all i had in! other than that I followed the recipe exactly! As as an avid low-carber it's a keeper! Thanks for sharing