Recipe by Marie
A delicious creamy, cheesy, broccoli side dish. You will love this one!
Top Review by Vicki in CT
I rate with no stars since I missed a key step. Did not see to cook the broccoli first. So, it was quite crunchy. The flavor was good, but texture was way off. I believe if made correctly would turn out wonderfully.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, cooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded American cheese
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup buttered breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a white sauce with butter, flour, milk and salt and pepper.
- When thickened, add cheese and stir until melted.
- Pour sauce over cooked broccoli in 9" baking dish.
- Top with almonds, bacon and buttered crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbly.