Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you prefer a more cheesy sauce then add in some grated old cheddar cheese. To speed up the thawing process for the brocolli and cheese sauce, place the two packages in microwave on high for about 3-5 minutes. Make certain that the canned mushrooms are well drained, hand-squeeze out any excess moisture. Prep time does not include cooking the rice.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked converted rice (use white or brown)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen cut broccoli in cheese sauce (use Green Giant for this, THAWED)
- 1 cup canned mushroom, pieces, well drained
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- seasoning salt (or white salt)
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated old cheddar cheese (optional)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lighty grease a large baking sheet.
- In a bowl mix together cooked rice, 2 packages thawed borcolli in cheese sauce, Parmesan cheese, drained mushroom pieces, seasoning salt (or white salt) black pepper and garlic powder(if using) mix well to combine.
- If you prefer a more cheesy sauce then add in grated cheddar cheese.
- Separate the dough into 8 rectangles, then firmly press perforations together to seal tightly, then press each to form a 6 x 3-inch rectangle.
- Spoon about 1/3-cup semi-heaping mixture into one end of each dough rectangle.
- Fold and strech the dough over the filling; press edges to seal tightly (the squares will be VERY full!).
- With a fork crimp the edges together.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with a small amount of garlic salt, then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.