Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from my mom, she makes it for holiday dinners and everyone devours it!
- 5 cups cooked white rice
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 15 ounces Cheese Whiz
- 16 ounces sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Cut up the broccoli and cook using your preferred method. Set aside.
- Mix the butter, onion, salt, pepper, and cheese whiz in a bowl until well blended. (If it's kind of stiff you can microwave for a few seconds so it will come together better. Do not melt it, though.) Add the sour cream.
- Mix the rice and broccoli into the cheese mixture.
- Put in a 9x13 pan and cover with foil. Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes.
My grandmother made this same recipe at christmas dinner and I have to say it's outstanding! Even us kids (when we were kids ;) devoured this!