Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is very quick and extremely easy if you are in a hurry. It can be served with potatoes, or rice in any form.I have even cooked this on the burner on the grill outside on a hot day.A slight variation of the can recipe. I think the flour adds to the flavor more along with the spices.
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, skinned (I like to sprinkle Emeril's Essence back and front just a dash for added flavor. I make my own..reci)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell broccoli cheese soup (if you like more sauce use two)
- 1⁄3 cup water or 1⁄3 cup milk, for a richer sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly chopped mushrooms (optional) or 1⁄2 cup fresh red pepper, sliced thinly (optional)
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan or cast aluminum.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the Essence then dredge in a little flour.
- Shake off the excess and put carefully into the oil away from yourself to avoid grease from spattering.
- Brown the chicken quickly on all sides, but you still want it to be undone inside.
- This process will only take about 5-8 min.
- If you are going to add the peppers to this here is where you would add them just to wilt them slightly.
- Turn your flame to medium low.
- Stir your soup and milk or water into a measuring cup and stir out the lumps.
- Pour over the cooking meat.
- Sprinkle in your parsley and ground pepper.
- Cover your pan and let this cook about 5 min.
- Then add your broccoli.
- You would also add the mushrooms here if you are going to add them.
- Cover and let this cook, checking after about 10 min.
- If the meat is tender it is done.
This was very yummy. My husband and I tried this last night, we thought it was very good. I only used one soup can, and I found that it wasn't quite as saucy as I would've liked it. So I just added a little more milk to the skillet and it was great. Thank you for sharing this! :)
This was very quick and easy to make. My family loved it. The only problem I had was that the chicken wasn't as tender as I'd like. I used boneless, skinless breasts, so maybe that was the problem. I'll try to cook it a little longer at a lower temp next time.