Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a delicious brunch recipe it's great when you have a few people coming, I usually fry up the veggies, sausage and bacon a day ahead, then all I do is mix everything together ;-) all ingredients may be adjusted to taste.
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- seasoning salt
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2-1 lb pork sausage, cooked
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup sliced olive (optional or to taste)
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish.
- Saute mushrooms, green pepper green onions and jalapeno (if using) in butter until tender.
- In a bowl, combine/whisk eggs, flour, baking powder; add mushroom mixture, then season with seasoned salt and black pepper.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees bake 35 mins longer or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
This was an awesom recipe for us, it had all of our favorite ingredients. I had everything on hand so I didn't have to change alot of the recipe, however, for preference I cut the flour & butter back abit & increased the peppers. Lovely recipe, thanks for sharing.
This was an excellent Cheesy Breakfast Sausage and Egg Casserole. The jalapeno peppers gave it such a lovely taste. My whole family wants me to make it again. Thanks for posting this recipe.
This was awesome. I made it for Christmas breakfast, and everyone loved it. It was quick, easy, and it tasted great. This is a keeper!