Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe is listed as one of the recipes of the month for October 2008 on the www.betterneggs.com website. "Add a simple, new twist to your breakfast by serving these southwest seasoned scrambled eggs wrapped inside a flour tortilla." Nutritional Facts: 1 serving Calories 147 Fat 8g Cholesterol 6mg Sodium 323mg Carbohydrate 10g Dietary Fiber 1g Protein 9g
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons green bell peppers, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute, Better'n Eggs
- 3 tablespoons tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 28 inches flour tortillas, warmed, you can use 6-7-inch tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add green peppers, salt, cumin and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until peppers are crisp tender (2 to 3 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add Better'n Eggs®. As Better'n Eggs® starts to set use spatula to lift edge of cooked Better'n Eggs® letting uncooked Better'n Eggs® flow to bottom of skillet. Cook until Better'n Eggs® are set but still moist. Top Better'n Eggs® with tomato and cheese. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve Better'n Eggs® mixture rolled inside warm tortillas.