1/4 Photos of Cheesy Breakfast Brunch
1 hr 20 mins
We had this for breakfast this morning. The original recipe is from a local cookbook dedicated to the memory of a local teenager that died from a heart attack, Patrick W. Cox. I have made various changes in the original, so I hope you like it. We did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb sausage
- 4 cups diced potatoes (diced very small, this is about 5-6 small potatoes)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 -8 eggs, beaten (the original calls for 6 but mine were small so I used 8)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 4 ounces fresh baby portabella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, for frying potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Brown sausage and drain.
- 3Heat oil in a non stick pan over medium heat.
- 4When very hot, but not smoking, add potatoes and brown them very well until crispy (this will take about 20-25 minutes).
- 5Drain on paper towel.
- 6Line a lightly sprayed pie plate with the crescent rolls, points in the middle. Leave a little space between each one then work the dough with your hands to cover the entire pie plate.
- 7Add sausage and cover with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- 8Add the crisp potatoes and cover with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- 9Lay the mushroom on top of the potatoes.
- 10Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to the egg mixture and pour over the top.
- 11Bake for 35 minutes. The last 10 minuutes add 1/2 cup cheddar cheese to top.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Breakfast Brunch
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 880.0
- Calories from Fat 497
- Total Fat 55.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 422.9 mg
- Sodium 1204.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 35.9 g