1/1 Photo of Cheesy Bread Twists
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
I have placed this here so that I don't lose the recipe, I haven't made this yet, but want too, it sounds sooo yummy. Found this on an old peice of paper that was in one of my dad's cookbooks.
My Private Note
dozen t ...
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 28.39 ml buttermilk
- 118.29 ml cheese, old cheddar, white, shredded
- 118.29 ml cheese, medium cheddar, orange, shredded
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 3.40 g yeast (half a 1/4 oz package)
- 28.39 ml warm water
- 1 egg
- 1.23 ml salt, sea
- 591.47-650.62 ml flour, all purpose
- 1Put buttermilk and cheese in a large pan and cook over low heat the cheese has melted. Stir, don't worry if mixture appears curdled.
- 2Cool to room temperature.
- 3In a large bowl, disolve sugar and yeast in warm water. Add the buttermilk mixture, egg, salt and 1 1/2 cups flour.
- 4Beat until smooth, then stir in remaining flour until it forms a soft dough.
- 5Turn onto a floured boad, knead for 8 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- 6Please in a greased bowl, turn once to grease top.
- 7Cover and let rise for an hour in a warm place until it has doubled in size.
- 8Punch down the dough on floured board and divide the dough in half and roll each peice into an 9 x 6 inch rectangle.
- 9Spray one half of the dough with cooking spray. Top with the cheddar and red pepper flakes then top with the remaining peice of dough.
- 10Cut the prepared dough into 6 (1 1/2 inch strips)
- 11Cut each strip in half and twist.
- 12Place about 1 inch apart on greased and foiled cookie sheet and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- 13Bake at 375 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 14Put on wire rack to cool, serve warm.
- 15Refrigerate any leftovers.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Bread Twists
Serving Size: 1 (773 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2040.3
- Calories from Fat 553
- Total Fat 61.4 g
- Saturated Fat 35.4 g
- Cholesterol 329.6 mg
- Sodium 2923.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 277.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 88.8 g